Sunday, April 26, 2020

Did she really loved me....? Part-11



Agony and friends suggestion

   12 May 1997, 10:00 PM Alma called me[international calls have longer ringtone, easy to recognize who called), I jumped like a frog to the phone. I couldn't  explain my happiness hearing her voice. I felt short of words while talking to her. She did not reply, when inquired about her calling frequency.  She just said, you also come here, I feel lonely. I don’t know how serious she was. But left me with a  wild thought, forced me to think 'Can I also stay in UK with Alma?'  We didn't speak much but I kept the phone with this thought process.  Though my eyes were closed and brain awake, only one thing came recursively, 'Is it impossible?'. In past seven generation no one has gone out of country, sorry no one one has every crossed Maharashtra State borders till now. I knew that as UP and MP are neighboring states in India, so similarly US and UK must be, due to rhyming words. This is my limited geography, and I am thinking of 'UK....?'. I went into sleep. Alma's beautiful face, always came in front of me, whenever I closed my eyes , as if  someone was clicking on the next button of Microsoft PowerPoint slides of Alma's photos. Can't sleep.

   I always had a habit of writing down my problems on a piece of paper and solving each, one-by-one. The only thing I wrote was my agony, that was going to UK as 'IMPOSSIBLE' and underlined it three times. While underlining it the fourth time, my pen slipped it just underlined 'POSSIBLE'. Got the answer.

  Next morning I called my friend Chintu(don’t go by his name, he is a 6 feet 3 inch heavily built guy, working in Mumbai's reputed Engineering College's 'Campus Recruitment Cell' ), who's storming guiding brain only work efficiently at eve hours. And more stormingly when a perfect combination two bonds, having molecular formula C2H5OH and H2CO3 are added in right proportion. Right from my SSC final exam he used to guide me, but I never gave any heed to him, but now I was digging the well when I was thirsty, really thirsty. As expected, he told me to meet in evening. So I took along his brand of alcohol and soda, to lure him, what all I will do, husshh

    Around 8:00 PM I visited his house. Then I gave the compete prologue of what had happened till now. I asked him, is it possible to visit UK?  'Visit?' , 'You can stay in UK for years'. My twigged ears rose up in 90 degrees, perplexed by his statement. I inquired him with more curiosity. Chintu explained me about the Software Companies that come to his recruitment cell every year, the package they provide etc..etc..etc. I couldn’t find the word 'UK' in whatever he was talking, I interrupted him in between. He said, ' Insane man, whatever projects these companies work on, are majoritily from 'US or UK'. 'So?' , I still couldn’t understand what he was talking about. 'Brother, he caught one of my just rose ear and made it perpendicular to my head and said my dumb friend, listen properly now, if the projects are from UK, and if requirement is there, you have to go to UK, to work on those projects. Staying time span varies project to project, sometime they are long-term projects.'  I started painting  of my presence in UK with Alma though he was yet to complete. Chintu shook me to get me back to my senses.

    I asked him 'Can you try for my job in any of the UK based company which come for recruitment in your college?' 'Ofcourse not', he answered. I looked at him with flummoxed vision. How can my so near friend, cant help me, when I needed his help the most. 'B.E' he said. 'What's BE' I asked him. 'Bachelor of Engineering in Computer or Information technology is required.' This was the biggest full-form I have ever heard of two small letters 'BE'. The campus recruitment criteria suggest one to be BE with average percentage 60 or more and no backlog. I surrendered myself infront of my UK route guru. I said 'What should I do? Now you only tell me.'

    I looked at him with full hope, similar to hope people have on Sachin Tendulkar during an India-Pakistan match. Chintu said, ' You have just given your HSC exams, incase you get good score, blindly take admission into any good engineering college, don’t ever think of medical course.'  I murmured in my brain, 'Yes guru, no medical.' Though I was confident of my score, but now I needed  it for a purpose, the purpose to travel to UK, just to meet ...... Alma. I was wandering how a guy, dying to see a girl in Mumbai local train, was thinking to visit UK just to meet her. I felt the transformation was healthy, and amazed by vertical growth Chintu was showing me. I rose-up and confirmed the saying, 'Behind every successful man there is a woman and my woman is my Alma...Alma..Alma!!.'

   Chintu again interrupted in my pinnacle reached dreams, 'Comeback young man, where do you get lost again and again. Do you want to listen to me, or shall I stop?' I realized one thing 'When going gets tough, then peg gets going for him ' and again offered one more small peg of 'C2H5OH and H2CO3 '. 'No please continue guruji’, I said. 'The free-career guidance and shipment to UK was very important to me.' ‘Score 60% in every semester, get selected through campus recruitment. If the company project needs you to be in UK, you will be deputed to UK and to your Alma for sure'. I was feeding this repeatedly to my brain and thanked him for showing a ray of light and left with a smile and multifold questions.

   Alma didn’t call me from past 16 days. I tried gaining more and more information through people and limited  internet access during those days.

   02 June 1997 my HSC board results day. I prayed to every God on my way to college, to collect result. I prayed to pass with good score, just to get admission in an engineering college. Truly speaking I wanted to study Geology further, but its engineering now.

Continued in next release, click below links for all releases till now:

Did she really loved me....? Part-1

Did she really loved me....? Part-2

Did she really loved me....? Part-3

Did she really loved me....? Part-4

Did she really loved me....? Part-5

Did she really loved me....? Part-6

Did she really loved me....? Part-7

Did she really loved me....? Part-8

Did she really loved me....? Part-9

Did she really loved me....? Part-10

Did she really loved me....? Part-11

Did she really loved me....? Part-12

Did she really loved me....? Part-13

Did she really loved me....? Part-14

Did she really loved me....? Part-15[The End]

Hey Corona, you should go now!!

Want to own your own start-up? Want to be Richie Rich?

Part-1: Want to quickly become an Selenium Automation Engineer and build framework right from scratch?


Part-2:Want to quickly become an Selenium Automation Engineer and build framework right from scratch?

Part-1: Want Quick Divorce? Come in...: [Kahani Ghar-Ghar ki]

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to create any mathematics tables with excel...

  Generate any tables with excel... 1.        Go to excel sheet, in first cell ‘A1’ enter the number whose table you want to generate, for...