Monday, April 27, 2020

Did she really loved me....? Part-13

Last year of Engineering and hot interview


     Another two years passed in this marks chase. But there has never been a single day, when I didn't remember Alma. She was the only feed, boost to my Engineering ride and my path to UK. I was in my last semester, the eighth semester of my engineering study tenure. As everyday passing I was feeling as I am a step closer to her. Don't know whether she also feels the same pull that I feel about her in these years. Well, she calls atleast in a month or two, which means she still remembers me, I consoled myself.

   My aggregate score till now was not that fantastic but it was quite okay and very very near to 60%. Many talented classmates of mine got campus recruitment in top-notch IT companies. I was still way behind. My last semester exams were also over, but no company hired me yet. Few days later I got call from my college recruitment cell, that there will be one last recruitment drive in college the next day.  It was ConnectIT Technologies, having their base in Bangalore and Singapore. I was bit dicey whether I should attend the drive or not because as per my research the company didn’t had any of its clients in UK, where I wanted to go. To have something than nothing is always better, I attended. Since very less students were remaining and also the number of students fitting in their criteria was also less, I got selected after few rounds of grilling technical interview.



    The final round was the HR round. The HR was a young, dynamic and very sexy female with white crisp-cotton half shirt and...well I could see this much only, as there was table between us. Her nails carried so many layers of nail-paint, that I could easily see my image on her nails. Somehow I concentrated back on the interview. I was nervous as it was my last round of interview, probably just to relax me, the very first question she asked me was 'Is it too hot?' I don’t know whether she was referring about her looks or the atmosphere, I gave single ‘Yes’ answer to both my derived question and her targeted question.

    Her next question was 'Where do you want to see yourself in next 3-5 years?' I said 'In U.K'. She was impressed, probably she taught, though I have read about the company profile, and the company doesn't have any client in UK, but she liked my  positive attitude of working somewhere, where we don't even have a branch. How can I explain her, my intention of joining engineering was to work in UK, whether you have a branch there or not.

   Her final question was, 'If the glass has 50% water in it', what will you call it as, 'Half-filled?' or 'Half-empty?' I said, it depends on how thirsty I am at that time. She was damn-impressed with this answer, she just stood up and shaked hand with me and said...'Hired'. Well, I was truly thirsty, and I gave my answer, and she thought... Black pant, yes she was wearing black-pant, saw that when she got up to shook hand with me. I got recruited in ConnectIT Technologies for Bangalore location.

    In the evening I met biggie, we both congratulated each other for getting job on same day. Biggie completed his Civil Engineering, which he was very passionate about. He was continuously laughing, describing his interview process. He said, he was unlucky two times, I asked how? He said, first his interviewer was not beautiful lady, but an bald old-man and he laughed again. And secondly he was an Australian. He said, barely he could understand, what he was asking due to his accent and he was talking too fast. My answers were based on few caught words from his whole sentence. He asked what if I ask you, 'What is your expertise?', I said 'Drainage System'. Then he digged bit of me, to know what all I know in it. I wanted this interview to get over as early as possible, as it was becoming more and more difficult to understand him. He said, as salary we will provide 9.5. I said can you make it round figure[Indian bargaining system, it worked for me though]? He said 'Okay, 10'. I was happy to hear a salary of 10,000 rupees/month. He asked me to wait at the reception.

    I waited at the reception and the HR  came with offer letter and asked me to sign. After reading the offer letter I found some major mistakes with my emotions, my salary figures, which I just bargained, it showed in some lakhs. I like an obedient gentleman conveyed the same to HR. The HR said it is right only, our company have urgent requirement in Australia with Drainage System background, you know how difficult it is to find people in that domain. And the salary it is showing is after converting it into Indian Rupee, so it's proper, in lakhs. Biggie said, he just collapsed on sofa hearing this. 'Expected thousand, got Lakhs.' We both laughed at each others interview.

     But while taking his leave, he looked at me tapped on my shoulders and said, 'You will find her. Don't loose hope!! You have come too far. Probably you are just at the tip. Keep chasing, keep chiseling.'

Continued in next release, click below links for all releases till now:

Did she really loved me....? Part-1

Did she really loved me....? Part-2

Did she really loved me....? Part-3

Did she really loved me....? Part-4

Did she really loved me....? Part-5

Did she really loved me....? Part-6

Did she really loved me....? Part-7

Did she really loved me....? Part-8

Did she really loved me....? Part-9

Did she really loved me....? Part-10

Did she really loved me....? Part-11

Did she really loved me....? Part-12

Did she really loved me....? Part-13

Did she really loved me....? Part-14

Did she really loved me....? Part-15[The End]

Hey Corona, you should go now!!

Want to own your own start-up? Want to be Richie Rich?

Part-1: Want to quickly become an Selenium Automation Engineer and build framework right from scratch?


Part-2:Want to quickly become an Selenium Automation Engineer and build framework right from scratch?

Part-1: Want Quick Divorce? Come in...: [Kahani Ghar-Ghar ki]


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to create any mathematics tables with excel...

  Generate any tables with excel... 1.        Go to excel sheet, in first cell ‘A1’ enter the number whose table you want to generate, for...